Thursday, February 17, 2011

Maybe it would help if I filed things alphabetically...

Today's Recommended Listening: The 10th Sense - Athome Project
I've been on an electronica kick lately.
Royksopp, Massive Attack, fever ray, ladytron, daft punk, justice, zero 7, blah blah blah
I found this song, and many others, through last.fm.
But this song stands out as my favorite.
Plus the 'Sim City 2000'-esque keyboard synthesizer really takes me back. Ya know?
Anyway, this song was not easy to find. I looked EVERYWHERE,
I am a professional Googler, if I can't find it, it doesn't exist.*
Frustrated, I tracked down the artist.
Athome Project is Stian Jacobsen from Stord, an island outside Bergen in Norway.
I contacted him without leaving my overstuffed armchair. Isn't the internet awesome?
You may never enjoy this song as much as I do, but
if you have a favorite band, take a minute to thank them,
send them an email or just post on their wall.
Let them know how much you enjoy their music.
It is awesome when they respond back to you personally.
Also, you never know when they'll send you a link to
download a previously unreleased track for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment